Manor Mill Chadderton, Oldham
Assessment of historic windows
About the Project
Avalon Heritage Ltd were commission to carry out a window survey on the Grade II listedManor Mill in Chadderton, Oldham. The survey is intended as an assessment aid regarding any future planning proposals made concerning window refurbishment/replacement.
Manor Mill is a cotton spinning mill built in 1906 by George Stott of Manor Mill Ltd and is characterized by its
impressive copper-covered dome after the Byzantine style. The mill ceased cotton processing in 1932 but was
reopened in 1940 after it was taken over by the Lancashire Cotton Corporation and was one of only 53 mills that
survived through to 1950. In 1964, ownership passed to another textile company, Courtaulds, with production
finally ceasing in 1990.